Thursday, February 28, 2013

Author Milestones

Well it's a good year so far. 2013 is looking decent for me. As far as book sales go, I'm doing way better than last year. At this point last year, I had one e-book out. By the end of February 2012, I had 4 sales. 7 sales by the end of March. My goal last year was to come in at 150 sales and I made it to 156 total (December is what pulled me through). This year I have a goal to hit 365 sales (at least one for every day of the year.) I'm definitely ahead of pace for my goal right now. Whereas I had 4 sales at this point last year with one available book, I'm currently sitting at 76 sales with 13 available books. I've sold 41 e-books in 5 countries and 35 audio books so far in 2013. To be on pace for 1 a day, I should have 59 sales.

That's a new thing I started in 2013. Audio books. I make more money with every sale and both e-book and audio book sales have picked up because it gives people more options. Want to read it? Grab the e-book for between $0.99 - $2.99. Want to hear it? All my audio books are $6.95. I've even had some decent traction with the audio books on iTunes. I currently have 4 titles available as audio books with two more on the way. The crazy thing is that I've pulled in those 35 audio book sales in just a little over a month. My audio books are available at audible.com, amazon.com, and on iTunes. To get a free 30 day trial at audible.com, click the ad below:

1 FREE Audiobook RISK-FREE from Audible

It also lets you download a free audio book. Apparently a lot of people are signing up with them because more than half my audio book sales come from audible.com. Worth checking out.

This year has also seen my first sales in Japan and Spain. It's kind of a cool feeling to be selling books outside the U.S., but the U.S. still pulls in like 90% of my sales. I'm hoping to break in a little more in the U.K. this year, but Amazon hasn't price matched my free history e-book over there yet. Maybe someday.

Well that's it for now. I'm still just a part-time author as a side hobby. Who knows what the rest of the year will bring?

1 comment:

  1. Good work, dude! As long as you're seeing a steady increase you're doing fine!

    ReplyDelete