Friday, August 14, 2015

Dollar Shave Club: A Review of Additional Products

Shortly after I posted my blog on how the Dollar Shave Club razor blades stack up against the Gillette Mach 3 razors, DSC contacted me and offered to send me some of their products to try out. I've had somewhere around 9 months to try those products out and here's my review. The package DSC sent me had a DSC t-shirt and three products: One-Wipe Charlies, Dr. Carver's Shave Butter, and Dr. Carver's Post Shave Moisturizer.




One-Wipe Charlies
DSC sent me a 40-pack of these minty wipes. Initially I wasn't really sure what to do with these... because I have toilet paper. I didn't use them as a toilet paper substitute (and let's face it... you don't want to read a crappy review like that :-P). I ended up using them for my hands (after going fishing usually). I also used them to clean up my hands after a plate of ribs a couple of times. They worked great for both and they definitely smell nice.You can get more info from DSC about this product here.

Dr. Carver's Shave Butter
After months of using DSC's Shave Butter, I can say that it is better than the Gillette shaving cream I'm used to. Not by a whole lot though. They're pretty comparable. The Shave Butter usually leads to a smoother, closer shave. I won't be reordering Shave Butter any time soon because I was given a lot of shave gel as a gift a while back and that's stalling my decision. When I do ultimately decide, it's going to come down to price. The 6 oz tube of Shave Butter I used is $8 for 6 oz. You can get more info from DSC about this product here.

Dr. Carver's Post Shave Moisturizer
This stuff is great for people who shave their head. When you apply it after shaving, it has a cooling, healing effect. I only use a little each time I shave so I still have some of this left. I will likely be reordering this when I run out. It's great for razor burn or just to give you a cool feeling for a while after you finish shaving. It definitely has my recommendation. You can get more info from DSC about this product here.

If you think you'd like to start with Dollar Shave Club, please use this link to join because I get a small credit towards my plan when I refer people. They've definitely saved me money over the past 9 months.

Update 9/12/15 It was pointed out to me that a company called DORCO makes the razor blades for DSC and you can get the razors directly from them for a bit less through Amazon ($2.10 per razor instead of $2.25). You can check DORCO's razors out on Amazon  by clicking this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment