1. Halloween Prank. What is Halloween without a good, scary prank? My favorite one so far has to be the flying reaper that is starting to go viral on YouTube right now. It's great to see how people react to a reaper chasing them around... even better when he's flying. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8D2QZ9lA4 (or click play on the video below.)
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas. As I was falling asleep last night playing Pandora, I had two songs come on the station I was listening to and they were remixes of songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I've heard them both before but they do help you get the Halloween spirit (plus a nice dose of nostalgia if you grew up watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.)
All-American Rejects (Jack's Lament): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlI1gvyO1iI
Evanescence (Sally's Song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_WG9YugK8
3. Pumpkin Carving. Looking for some good patterns for your pumpkin carving? I found a site with over 2.8 million designs and I've browsed through a few of them. There's some pretty good stuff. Check it out if you're not really sure what you want on your pumpkin this year. http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/
Of course, I still think one of the coolest pumpkins ever was made by my little sister last year at my request. Behold, the Geek Squad pumpkin!
4. The Walking Dead. Netflix recently added Season 3 of The Walking Dead. If you haven't started watching it, check it out. New episodes (Season 4) are on Sundays.
5. The Origins of Halloween. It's always good to Wikipedia things for an interesting read. Here's the direct link to Wikipedia's Halloween page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween. Like other holidays, it likely had pagan roots and was later "Christianized" to become All Hallow's Eve.
So there you go. Five steps to help you catch the Halloween spirit. They may not work for you, but they work for me. I would add costumes into the mix but I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a long time. A couple of years ago, I was actually fixing computers until pretty late (working for the Geek Squad.) I keep saying that one day I'll dress up as an assassin, but I forget almost every year until its pretty much too late. Maybe next year. :-P Happy Halloween everyone.